Monday, January 25, 2010

Greener Pastures

My personal quest of finding new species to murder was taking longer than initially anticipated. It became clear that I would have to travel outside the harsh lands inside Alfar borders, and into the more cushy terrain controlled by The Snobs. I might even be so lucky as to stumble across a young snob hunting, giving my polearm it's first taste of a real enemy's blood!

Without noticing it, I had traveled much further into the Snob lands than intended. The landscape was so foreign and different from my home I nearly lost my sense of direction. It wasn't until I looked up to try and determine which direction I was heading that I noticed I was directly underneath a Mirdain tree city. Now don't get me wrong, I would cherish a fight against the girly Mirdain. But, wandering alone into the borders of one of their cities would be a tad bold, even for me. Realizing my situation, I concealed myself in the shadows as much as possible and started moving away from the city.

Not far from the snob city, I heard the sounds of combat nearby. This was it! I was going to test my mettle against a real enemy of the Alfar! A quick weapons and food check, a few inspirational words from Ice Cube, and it was on and poppin'. Coming up on the sound's source in a crouched position, as to not give up my element of surprise, I was surprised to find no Mirdain at all. Instead, a pack of the savage Orks had appeared to make camp. These Orks were obviously not part of The Savages, they were outcasts for some reason or another. But today, they were prey.

My typical challenge of strength was initiated and a group of the Orks took up arms to answer. Even with their superior numbers, Crom Inator was victorious. In addition to their superior numbers, these Orks were also quite well armed. This is most likely why they were outcast from The Savages, weakest links and all. With the camp void of all life but my own I took a minute to look over my newly acquired inventory. There really isn't time for such things in the heat of combat. While poring over different pieces of blood soaked armor, I spotted not one, but two shiny keys. Two shiny keys that would most likely fit the locked treasure chest I had just left behind.

Damn. Back to the windlords.

No comments:

Post a Comment